Friday 19 November 2010

Kissing long-legged Laura in Langata, Nairobi, Kenya

Long-legged Laura, a Rothschild giraffe
Kissing long-legged Laura with her slow, seductive, swaying gait, flashing eyelashes and doleful eyes was definitely top of my agenda as soon as I saw her, so I tried very hard to convince myself that she was not solely enticed by the biscuit between my teeth, but she was so very elegant and ladylike to minimise contact as she extracted it delicately from my mouth using her long black tongue at the Giraffe Centre at Langata, a suburb of Nairobi in Kenya!

Beautiful bouncy baby
My wife, in a fit of jealousy, immediately  reacted by grabbing and heartily hugging a beautiful Kenyan baby who she deftly extracted from its mother's arms much to the wide-eyed surprise of the youngster and consternation of the willing mother.

Meanwhile my sons were completely enthralled by the dappled patterns on Laura's elongated flanks that she blatantly flaunted in front of all the visitors in order to attract hoardes of willing suitors to offer her a never-ending supply of tasty morsels.

Dappled flanks of Laura
As the paparazzi clicked away incessantly, she suddenly went shy when a camera's flash went off startling her to retreat demurely towards the elegant Victorian Scottish Giraffe Manor in the background.  We had to presume this imposing residence was her own nightly abode because no one else could afford the exhorbitant rates extracted by this establishment from human visitors who were tempted to spend the night there.